Over the past
couple of weeks I’ve been able to meet up with some very dear, old
friends. That’s one of the great parts
about living in London! It’s the kind of
city that draws people from all over and allows for some very special
coffee/dinner dates.
The first
rendezvous I had was with my precious schwester (sister in German) Paula! I was granted the great blessing of staying
with her family in Regensburg, Germany when I was 16. She, in turn, came to call my perfectly,
purple room her home too. Paula has such
a sweet heart, filled with a ton of passion!
Even though we’ve only been able to see each other twice since our
fateful summer, our connection runs deep.
She stopped over in London on her way to Swansea, Wales where she
studied abroad a few years ago. We only
had a few hours, but spent them at an absolutely darling tea/cupcake shop near
Victoria Coach Station. It was pink and
flowery and just perfect for our personalities.
Hopefully, I’ll be able to pay her and her family a visit this summer
(assuming my work-ethic/dissertation writing allows!)
The
second lady I met up with was an even older friend, Miss Caitlin! Friends since
8th grade when Miss K gave me the task of looking after the “new
girl”. We almost immediately realized
our souls were made of the same stuff (aka fairy tales and pixie dust – oh, and
love of Lord of the Rings). She and her
husband came Europe for whirlwind vacation to London and Paris. Fortunately for us both, I live in
London! We met up for a good ol’ pub
dinner and wandered the streets of Covent Garden at night. You know it’s a good friendship when you more
or less lose touch for a decade, but can still spend a whole evening laughing
like no time has passed!
Note
to these special ladies: you both mean so much to me and it was truly an honour
meeting up with you! I can’t wait to see
you ladies again!
Note
to everyone else: plan your trips to London!
I know some really great spots J


No comments:
Post a Comment