Monday, October 1, 2012

A Letter from London

Dear Friends and Family,

As things have started to pick up here, it's becoming more and more difficult for me to keep you all updated regularly.  I do apologize, but promise to do my best!


Classes finally got started last week.  I was beginning to wonder if I really came to London to study!

In my program, we are required to take one core class that will last  for two semesters.  We then "choose" 2 additional courses from a list of optional modules.  I say "choose" because what we really do is rank our top 12 and the computer decides for us.  Some in my program are rather upset at this system viewing it as unfair.  I don't really have a problem, though, because all 12 of my choices seem ridiculously interesting and I'd be happy with any of them!  We won't find out which ones we'll be taking till later this week, however.



In addition to those courses, I'll be taking Arabic again.  I actually had my first class this afternoon.  As I began to recall again all that I'd learned during my time in Morocco, some very good memories were also brought to mind.  (Shout out to the Dream Team!)  And it certainly felt nice being called Aisha once more!
 








For those of you who know how into yoga since discovering it 4 months ago, you'll be happy to know that I've joined the yoga society here at King's.  It's turned out to be an awesome workout, a great stress-reliever, and a perfect way to make new friends!







Seeing as I've been putting off studying to write this post, I'd better keep it short. Just know that things are going well across the pond, but I'm missing you all! I'd love to know what's new with all you, my loved ones - so shoot me an email or skype me!  Also, I'll do my best to take more pictures and upload them soon.  In the meantime, here's a picture of me writing this blog!


Love, Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment