
This is certainly the farthest away from home I’ve ever been
on Thanksgiving. It’s the beginning of
the time of year when you should be surrounded by family and close friends to
remember where you came from and how much you have to be grateful for. I find myself feeling very grateful for
skype, which has allowed me to keep in contact with my loved ones thousands of
miles away these past four months!
I am also thankful
that next year He will be taking me to Britain to study for my master’s. Just this past week, I received acceptance
letters to Durham University and King’s College London, both in England. I am still waiting to hear back from the
University of St. Andrews in Scotland (of Wills and Kate fame). Regardless of which school I chose, I’ll be
studying International Relations and Intelligence, with a focus on the Middle
East. Deciding which school to go to will not be easy and I’m praying for guidance daily. I promise to keep you updated of the result!
Though I am not able celebrate Thanksgiving in true American
fashion, my flatmate and I did host a potluck this past Tuesday. We had friends from America, England, Japan,
and of course China! Unfortunately there
was no Turkey to be had, but we did have mashed potatoes (courteously of yours
truly), pumpkin pie and stuffing. The
food was a nice reminder of my home in America and the company was a nice
reminder of my new home in China.
Remember to take a moment this Thanksgiving, reflect on
your blessings, and give thanks to the one who blesses!


No comments:
Post a Comment